Lots of people get confused when it comes to the order of application/use of skincare products!
You definitely don’t have to use all of these products at once, but this is the general process - if you leave out a certain step, the next step would come afterwards.
1. Makeup Removal - Use makeup removal wipes, liquid remover, or oil to loosen and remove most of your face and eye makeup.
2. Cleansing - Use a gentle face wash to wash away the rest of your makeup, dirt and oil that accumulates on your face. You MUST wash your face after using a makeup remover, because you don’t want to leave those oils on your skin. If you use a face scrub, you do not need to use a regular cleanser.
3. Face Mask - A face mask is usually applied on a damp face. Use warm water to steam your skin and open up your pores. Masks are normally left on for around 15 minutes or so (read the directions) - rinse off with warm water and pat dry. You do have to wash your face before using a mask, to get rid of extra oil or makeup on the skin.
4. Toner - Toner (or astringent) is applied to the face, and does not need to be rinsed off. Toner restores the pH balance of your skin, and can prevent clogged pores. Apply toner with a cotton ball to the skin, and let dry.
5. Moisturizer - Moisturizer is a necessity, no matter what type of skin you have. Even oily skin needs hydration! You can apply moisturizer over toner, or on freshly washed, dry skin. For extra dry skin, apply moisturizer while your skin is still slightly wet. Allot about 2 minutes for moisturizer to absorb into your skin.
6. Eye/Wrinkle Cream - Apply a tiny amount of eye cream to the under eye area with your finger, and pat it into the skin. It’s good to use eye cream at any age, because the skin around your eyes is very sensitive, and often needs extra moisture.
7. Spot Treatment - If you have a zit you want to get rid of, or if you are using a serum/cream for fading dark spots, etc, this should be applied last. If you apply spot treatments before moisturizer, you will simply rub the treatment away! You only need a small drop, applied to the area where you need it. Spot treatments normally are not applied to the entire face.
- maddiemcnabb likes this
- elainehowto reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- howeverloong likes this
- camilleeexp likes this
- lifeofaseamonster likes this
- sweetpeaa28 likes this
- alldownhillfromthere reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- unladylikexo likes this
- uzumakiisthename likes this
- rottenmarisa likes this
- pierce-the-heavens likes this
- pastel-zombie likes this
- beauty-apple reblogged this from sassynation
- mimitwotimes likes this
- devilsadvocate13 likes this
- withlovechloee likes this
- viviangarrett likes this
- atomicbluebird likes this
- xforeverisnotenough likes this
- mywarofattrition likes this
- bonniegirrrl likes this
- thisisdrea likes this
- knowsoupforyou likes this
- sassynation reblogged this from drugstoreprincess and added:
- jillmm likes this
- zaynjawaad-m likes this
- missing0ut likes this
- kidswithhummingbirdeyes likes this
- unapol0getic likes this
- lalalajade reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- klwatts reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- militarysweetheart reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- lizbaee05 likes this
- lizsoos likes this
- meliim reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- meliim likes this
- xxashleyv likes this
- lovebeautyandmorefromsite likes this
- emilydnguyen likes this
- utopianeuphorian likes this
- miss-evi3e reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- northcarolinabelle likes this
- kurt-vonnecat likes this
- mellielicious reblogged this from drugstoreprincess