The VIPs love to help out with any of your beauty related questions, from makeup and tips to skincare and hair! Here are some of our most popular questions & answers from the VIPs themselves, to save you the trouble of asking! ♥
Best All-Around Concealer?
Most of us would say Hard Candy Glamoflauge! We often recommend Benefit Boing, MAC Studio Finish, Milani HD, Revlon Photoready, Cover FX as well.
We often recommend Revlon Colorstay, Revlon Photoready, Neutrogena Healthy Skin, MUFE HD. Check out our “Search” page for all of our posts related to foundation.
What face primers do you recommend?
Our favorites include Smashbox PhotoFinish, Hard Candy Sheer Envy, ELF’s and Physician’s Formula’s! For all of our posts on primers, check out the “Search” page!
Mascaras you’d recommend for the best-looking lashes?
L’Oreal and Maybelline are out most-recommended brands! Check out the “Search” page for more info!
What are your daily skincare routines?
- Skin type: very sensitive, dry, eczema, redness
- cleanser: CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
- exfoliate: St.Ives Green Tea Scrub
- Moisturizer: CeraVe Cream, Eucerin Everyday Protection
- Spot Treatment: Dermalogic Clean Start Hit the Spot
- Skin type: dry patches on forehead and cheeks, some redness
- Cleanser: LUSH Ocean Salt or Clean and Clear Morning Burst
- Toner: LUSH Tea Tree Water
- Exfoliate: Ocean Salt
- Moisturizer: Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizer
- Spot treatment: Neutrogena Rapid Clear
- Skin Type: Very dry and sensitive. Breaks out easily.
- Morning: I always, always use Neutrogena Advanced Solutions line. I use the cleanser first. Then I have the Clinique Clarifying Lotion Number 2 and then follow with the acne control lotion that it comes with the Advanced Solutions (NAS). Right now I’m using Ponds cold cream moisturizer and while it’s not breaking out my skin and is working, I just bought it as an in-between and don’t think I’ll continue because it has parabens in it. Then I do my makeup!
- Night: I use the E.L.F makeup removing wipes. I used to use the Neutrogena night ones but the E.L.F ones work the same and are cheaper. I follow with using my NAS, Clinique Clarifying lotion. I also use the Clinique All About Eyes eye cream. Then I use my moisturizer.
- If I’m going to exfoliate, I always use the St. Ives Apricot Scrub.
- Skin type: Combination, sensitive if to many things are used
- Cleanser: The Body Shop’s seaweed deep cleanser and somtimes The Body Shop’s Vitamin C face polish if I heavily put on make up.
- Toner: The Body Shop’s seaweed toner ( If I need something stronger to really get rid of the left over residue), The Body Shop’s gentle cucumber toner (love it and it’s going to be discountinued soon) All natural Witch Hazel
- Moisturizers: The Body Shop’s day+night time moisturizer from the Vitamin E line and the intense moisture cream from the Vitamin E line
- Exfoliators: The Body Shop seaweed exfoliator ( swear by this love it. love it) and for everyday exfoliation sometimes i use a little sugar on an extra dry spot.
- Masks: The Body Shop’s Seawed Ionic Clay Mask and I make a mask out of honey and eggs.
- This is what I use now, but i’m going to try a more natural skin regimen soon. I know I’m a Bodyshop nut, I’m trying to slowly pull away from it. LOL
- Skin Type: oily, acne-prone
- Cleanser: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser
- Toner: Witch Hazel
- Moisturizer: Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer
- Exfoliator: St. Ives Green Tea Scrub and St. Ives Apricot Scrub
- Skin Type: Combination
- Cleanser: Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser and Neutrogena Pink Grapfruit Facial Cleanser
- Toner: Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2
- Moisturizer: Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer for Combination Skin
- Exfoliator: Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power Scrub
- Skin Type: Normal
- Cleanser: Cetaphil Cleanser and Clean and Clear Black Head Scrub
- Toner: I don’t use one!
- Moisturizer: Cetaphil or any oil free, fragrance free, and dye free lotion… If I run out of my Cetaphil.
- Exfoliator: Clean and Clear Black Head Scrub. Or a homemade sugar scrub.
- Skintype: Sensitive, Combination to dry (I get slightly oiler and the occasional blemish in summer and during that glorious time of month) but definitely leaning mostly towards DRY
- Cleanser: Lush Angels on Bare Skin or Buche De Noel usually, but when I’m breaking out or my skin is particularly sensitive and irritated and can’t handle the gritty texture of those ones, I use Cetaphil. I pretty much alternate between the two because the Lush ones exfoliate, smooth, and nourish my dry skin awesomely when it’s flaky but sometimes it needs a break from the rough texture.
- Toner- Lancome Eau Fraiche Douceur and Boscia Makeup Break Up Cool Cleansing Oil, I use them mostly to remove makeup before cleansing or any leftover after it more than to tone. I like makeup remover wipes (Inglot’s are my favorite) for quick fixes or when I’m in a pinch. Lush Toner Tabs when I’m feeling like pampering myself.
- Moisturizer- I’m always trying different ones because I do have really dry skin so I’m still searching for the one that’s perfect for me (but I don’t switch em up too much, that will screw up your skin, I just usually buy a different one than before when I run out). So far my favorites and the ones I use most are Korres Thyme Honey Cream and Cerave.
- Exfoliator- Since the two Lush cleansers I mentioned above cleanse and exfoliate while still somehow being really gentle, I don’t use a separate product to exfoliate. Pretty much all of the other ones I’ve tried just irritate my sensitive skin and are way too harsh for it. I do enjoy masks occasionally though!
- Skin type: My skin is terrible, terrible sensitive, and I will break out like you wouldn’t believe if I use something my skin isn’t used too. I have to be incredibly careful with what I put on my skin so a lot of the things I use are specific to my skin type, and generally fragrance free.
- Cleanser: L’Oreal Go! 360 Deep Daily face wash for sensitive skin
- Exfoliator: Like I said before, I have very sensitive skin, so I don’t exfoliate very often, but when I do, I generally use something by Beauti Control.
- Moisturizer: I kick it old school. Vaseline Everyday Lotion for Sensitive Skin
- Spot Treatment: I don’t use one. :D I’m very lucky. I do however use an all over face cream for acne called EpiDuo, and it is prescribed.
- skin type - combination oily- very acne prone
*i use the Clinique Acne Solutions regimen
- Cleanser- Clinique Acne Solutions
Toner- Clinique Acne Solutions
Mosturizer - Clinique Acne Solutions
Exfoliator- i don’t do this often but if I do i just get an exfoliating pad and use my cleanser.
Mask - Mint Julep Mask. I use this as a spot treatment also.